Training: Transformative Life Skills (TLS) for Stress Management and Self Care
You will not want to miss this 6-hour training, if you are a
- Classroom Teacher, After-School Coordinator or School Administrator
- Public or Behavioral Health Professional
- Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice Official
- Corporate Human Resources management responsible for employee sustainability
- Parent, guardian, adult ally or community partner
- NGO focused on health, education, violence prevention
You will learn experiential transformative practices such as yoga, breathing techniques and meditation, for your own stress management, self-care and healing from secondary trauma, as well as for enhancing resilience, attention control and emotion regulation of children and youth, transforming institutional environments while strengthening family and community, No prior yoga experience necessary.
Faculty includes Bidyut K. Bose, PhD, and senior teachers of Niroga Institute.
Date: Sunday, March 10, 2013
Time: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Location: Niroga Yoga Studio
Cost: $150 per participant (includes all training materials); $125 early-bird discount if registered by March 3, 2013;
* For educators: 1 CEU from Cal State East Bay
* For mental health professionals: 6 CEUs from Board of Behavior Sciences
Register early, since space is limited; Registration Form (PDF)
Afternoon healthy snacks provided.
Invite friends to this event on Facebook
Learning Objectives: This 6-hour training will be conducted in two modules. Module I has an internal focus (on the participant), while Module II has an external focus (application for children and youth). Participants will learn how to employ a powerful 15-minute TLS protocol for themselves, and demonstrate it for those around them. We will:
San Mateo County mental health professionals going through a TLS training
- Explore the scientific basis of TLS in developmental neuroscience and somatic psychology
- Examine best practices for stress management, stress resilience and optimal response to secondary trauma
- Discuss TLS as the third wave of integrative Cognitive Behavioral Therapy practices (iCBT)
- Experience TLS as an optimal treatment response for trauma, anxiety, depression, and many common chronic behavioral health conditions
Feedback from past trainings:
"Your wonderfully unique session illuminated so much for us regarding sustainability and finding balance. In a profession where 'self' is one of the first things to go, you renewed for us today the need for us to get ourselves right as a means for serving others."
- "Helped me! Made me aware of my own feelings and thoughts. Calmed me way down!"
- "This session was mind-blowing! I believe it has opened the gate to assisting me to find balance in my life."
- "I really like how it was immediately useful. It can be applied today."
- "It’s my first time ever to learn about yoga. Now, I have learned something new to use for myself and my clients"
- "This was absolutely the best session I've ever attended."