Integral Health Fellowship (IHF) Program
Photo by Bethanie Hines ©2010
The IHF Program* is an intensive 2-year program that awards need-based scholarships to 12-16 participants, with low-income, to become Certified Yoga Teachers through Niroga’s Yoga Teacher Training. Fellows pay forward their scholarship by committing to teach 100-hours of yoga to underserved communities within one year of the completing the yoga teacher training.
People of color are highly encouraged to apply.
The IHF program is made possible through partial funding from Alameda County Public Health Department and Yoga Dana Foundation.
- A sincere desire to learn, grow, serve, and integrate yoga into one’s life on and off the mat
- Must have a family/household gross income between 0 and 300% of the 2013 Federal Poverty Guidelines, please click here for more information.
- At least 1-year of consistent yoga practice experience in a class setting and/or at home
- At least 1-year of maintaining a consistent, personal yoga practice at home; or enrollment in Niroga’s Deepening Personal Practice (DPP) Immersion*
- Must be at least 18-years old, and have a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Attendance of at least one class taught by BK and one class taught by Rosalind at Niroga Yoga Studio in 2013
*The regular tuition for the Deepening Personal Practice Module is $300, however it is offered at $150 to all IHF participants.
- Successful completion of Niroga’s Certified Yoga Teacher Training Program
- 100 hours of community service through yoga in Alameda County within 1-year of completing Niroga’s Certified Yoga Teacher Training Program. Yoga Teacher Certification will be provided after the completion of the 100-hour service commitment.
- Attendance of IHF Program Orientation and Service Orientation on:
• Saturday, August 24, 2013 from 6:15-8:00pm at Niroga Yoga Studio
• Saturday, March 22, 2014 from 6:15-8:00pm at Niroga Yoga Studio
- Regular access to E-mail, and reasonable proficiency with computers, for assignment submissions and program communication.
IHF Informational Meeting
You are invited to meet with the IHF Program Manager, and alumni, and learn more about Niroga's Integral Health Fellowship Program.
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Location: Niroga Yoga Studio
Light vegetarian snacks and refreshments will be provided.
Please RSVP by E-mailing Rosalind Lwin at by Wednesday, May 8.