Integral Health Fellowship (IHF)
The IHF Program is an intensive 2-year program that awards need-based scholarships to participants with low-income, to become Certified Yoga Teachers through Niroga's Yoga Teacher Training. Fellows pay forward their scholarship by committing to teach 100-hours of yoga to underserved communities within one year of the completing the yoga teacher training.
People of color are highly encouraged to apply.
The IHF program is made possible through partial funding from Alameda County Public Health Department and Yoga Dana Foundation.
- A sincere desire to learn, grow, serve, and integrate yoga into one's life on and off the mat.
- Must have a family/household gross income between 0 and 300% of the 2014 Federal Poverty Guidelines, please click here for more information.
- At least 1-year of consistent yoga practice experience in a class setting and/or at home.
- Must be at least 18-years old, and have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Attendance of two designated teacher training classes in 2015, taught at Niroga Yoga Studio in Berkeley. At least one class with BK or Rosalind is recommended.
- Monday - 10:30-11:45am; 7:30-8:45pm
- Tuesday - 6:00-7:15pm
- Wednesday - 10:30am-12:00pm; 7:30-8:45pm
- Thursday - 6:00-7:15pm
- Friday - 10:30-11:45am
- Successful completion of Niroga's Certified Yoga Teacher Training Program.
- 100 hours of community service through yoga in Alameda County within 1-year of completing Niroga's Certified Yoga Teacher Training Program. Yoga Teacher Certification will be provided after the completion of the 100-hour service commitment.
- Attendance of IHF Program Orientation and Service Orientation on:
- Saturday, August 22, 2015 from 6:30-8:00pm at Niroga Training Center at Oakland Peace Center's Fellowship Hall
- Saturday, March 26, 2016 from 5:30-7:00pm at Niroga Training Center at Oakland Peace Center's Fellowship Hall
- Regular access to E-mail, and reasonable proficiency with computers, for assignment submissions and program communication.
Tuition and Application
Applications are now open. Application Deadline is July 26, 2015.
If you interested in applying for an IHF scholarship to our Yoga Teacher Training program, please follow this application process. Scholarships for Niroga's Yoga Teacher Training Program are based on level of need. Find out the amount of scholarship for which you qualify.
Don't miss your chance for Transformation!
- Last 2 spots just opened for the 2015-17 IHF Cohort
- Learn Yoga: Learn the authentic practice of yoga in a supportive and diverse community
- Live Yoga: Deepen your practice and live in greater alignment with what you truly value
- GIVE Yoga: Support social transformation by bringing trauma-informed yoga back to your community
- Apply Now: Application Deadline is July 27, 2015