Yoga for Youth Training
Niroga's Yoga for Youth training is for yoga teachers and practitioners who are interested in bringing the transformative power of yoga into the lives of teens and adolescents. These trainings are held twice a year in Berkeley, once in the summer and once in the winter, and across the country. Upcoming Niroga training events are announced on the events page.
The following topics will be covered:
- Best practices for teaching yoga in school settings and in juvenile hall
- Creating a safe space and motivating students to practice
- Building self regulation and resilience through movement, breath-work, and centering
- Trauma informed yoga instruction
- Effective classroom management and communication
- Keeping yoga inclusive and welcoming for students of diverse cultures, identities, and experiences
- Niroga Institute's evidence-based programming model and class structure
The weekend will consist of practice, discussion with Niroga Senior Instructors, guest speakers, practice teaching, role plays, and activities meant to challenge and expand your view of "at-risk" youth and yoga as a revolutionary act.
Yoga for Youth Training testimonials
"This training is head and shoulders above anything else out there!"
- James F, Yoga Instructor for IPP at San Quentin Prison
"Every day I am seeing the transforming effects of the Healing Yoga Protocol in Juvenile Hall - it really works!"
- Erin H, Niroga instructor at Alameda County Juvenile Hall
"Niroga is pioneering new territory with therapeutic Yoga and its applications toward integral development."
- Evan S, Niroga instructor at Alameda County Juvenile Hall
"I loved the guest speakers and the role play. Having the youth come in at the end was also very helpful to validate the effects. A genuine environment of trust was cultivated."
- Yoga for Youth participant
Niroga’s Yoga Corps™
If you are a yoga teacher who would like to join Niroga's Yoga Corps
and bring yoga to youth in underserved communities through Niroga
programs, this training is highly suggested. CEU's are available for mental health professionals and educators.
Please read more information about the Niroga Yoga Corps program.
Interested in taking more than one weekend training?
» Register for two Yoga Therapy Year 2 weekend trainings at cost of $250 each.
» Register for three Yoga Therapy Year 2 weekend trainings at cost of $200 each.
Choose from the Yoga Therapy Year 2 trainings listed on the 2014 Year 2 Curriculum Schedule. Maximum number of five trainings will be offered at these rates. Applies to Yoga Therapy Year 2 weekend trainings only. Register at the discounted rate using the downloadable Registration form.