Stress Resilience Conference in Oakland on August 14
Ever-growing stress is a reality for most of us – it is affecting the health and well-being of individuals, families, schools, institutions and organizations. Renowned experts in the interconnected domains of education, health, violence prevention and child/youth development will converge in downtown Oakland, to explore the impact of chronic stress and trauma, and optimal solutions for Building stress-resilient schools and communities.
If you are regularly stressed out, or are around people who are, this conference is for you! Come join the conversation with practitioners, academics and policymakers in your domain of care/concern and interest/influence.
- Gabor Mate, MD, renowned author and mind-body physician from Vancouver, BC
- Alex Briscoe, Director, Alameda County Health Care Services Agency
- Antwan Wilson, Superintendent, Oakland Unified School District
- Jennifer Frank, PhD: Research Scientist at the Prevention Research Center, Pennsylvania State University
- Violence Prevention:
- David Muhammad, Vice President of Impact Justice
- Lynette Lee, PhD, Professor of Criminal Justice, California State University, Sacramento
- Child/Youth Development:
- Antonia Fokken, Faculty at CIIS and Sofia University
- Ilene Yasemsky, Clinical Director, Willow Rock
- Leadership Development:
- Bidyut Bose, PhD, Founder and Executive Director, Niroga Institute
Visit our conference event page for the agenda and to register.
We are offering a limited Early Bird registration until July 24!