Foster Resilience In Yourself
As we come into the new year, many of us set resolutions or resolve to change a habit, reflecting a hope for change in ourselves, our communities, and our world. Hope for change seems especially present as we look for ways to heal and unify our communities.
What can you do for yourself right now that fosters strength and resilience, a fresh perspective and a sense of renewal?
One change you can make right away, even as you sit reading this, is to use your breath as a tool for support. Try this quick reset at your desk, in your car, or anywhere else you find yourself needing to refresh and renew.
- Sit with the spine lengthened and shoulders over hips
- Place your hands on or hovering over your belly
- Allow belly to expand on the inhale and draw back on the exhale
- Close your eyes or soften the gaze
- Increases focus, attention, and self-awareness
- Allows for deeper breathing to increase vitality
- Relaxes the nervous system and abdominal tension
Do you notice if you can find a bit of change with each breath－a release of tension, a clearing of the mind, or any other experience?
The promise of each new breath gives us hope for renewal. We’d love to hear what gives you hope.
Like us on Facebook and share what gives you hope, using the hashtag #DMindInspiresHope