Trusted since 2005
Prevention | Early Childhood, TK-12 Schools & Higher Ed
- Equipping students with vital life skills for learning, resilience and healthy coping
- Ensuring educator self-care to counter compassion fatigue and burnout
- Nurturing families with tools to deepen well-being and strengthen relationships
Intervention | Alternative Schools & Juvenile Halls
- Disrupting the school-to-prison pipeline with students most impacted by inequity
- Supporting incarcerated youth to provide trauma-informed tools for rehabilitation
- Guiding school staff and probation officers to enhance well-being and efficacy
Recovery | Schools & Communities
- Providing communities with mindfulness practices to augment trauma healing
- Training mental health professionals to support the needs of the whole person
- Building capacity in communities to recover, and prevent future tragedies
A message from our founder
Solutions for root causes
Chronic stress is the root cause of several interelated problems in health care, education, and public safety.
- Bidyut K Bose, Founder & Executive Director
See our work in action
Finding power within
I'm not getting as mad anymore because I can calm myself now using mindfulness...We use it every morning so it helps me a lot to get the stress off of me, so I can move on.
- High School Student
Creating community leaders
My goal is to have our students show their parents how to breathe, how to calm themselves. They could teach their younger brother or little sister...create a snowball effect...that's beautiful! We're going to change this community, not just our school.
- Vice Principal, Middle School
Make a difference
Adopt a School
Provides a 1-to-1 match for a year-long Dynamic Mindfulness (DMind) program
Support a Teacher
Supplies a teacher with DMind training, coaching, and curricular supports
Empower a Student Leader
Equips a student leader with essential skills to support self and peers
Let's invest in empathy, equity, and empowerment
With your gift we can develop a mindful generation for a more connected and compassionate world
Other ways to give
Niroga Institute is committed to fiscal responsibility. We use donations to:
- Subsidize services to schools and organizations with high need and limited financial means
- Innovate products that deepen our impact and are inclusive of marginalized communities
- Enhance the efficacy and efficiency of our systems to help us achieve excellence
Niroga Institute spends less than 12% on operational expenses. The industry standard for nonprofits is to use less than 15%. In our experience, spending less than 10% operationally starves necessary infrastructure.
In an effort to ensure wage equity, Niroga Institute's wage ratio is less than 3:1. The highest paid employee makes less than three times the lowest paid employee.
Niroga is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and your donation is tax-deductible to the extent permitted by U.S. law. Please retain your email donation receipt for your records. Our EIN number is: 20-2620278.
Thank you for your interest in learning more about our impact in the community. Feel free to Email us at email@example.com with any questions that you have.
Thank you for your deep care of your community and support of Niroga's work. Please Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like us to connect with your school, PTA, or other affiliated organization.